So after an hour long skype session with one of my friends from Britain, I can't help but vent my frustration with all this obsession over the royal wedding. Don't get me wrong I understand our culture's obsession with celebrities and finding your ideal love and ultimately living happily ever after...but I just can't get excited when I think about the millions of dollars that went into it...yet here's Britain in the midst of a recession. People have lost their jobs, been thrown out of their homes, and can barely afford to live...and where's all this money invested? In the greater good of the people I suppose...
I'm not saying that the weddings not something to be excited about. It's a tradition and it's beautiful...there's no denying it. I am also not being biased as this kind of thing happens everyday in our country, as well. Money and power...that's what the media's all about. We love living virtually though pop culture and ignoring the issues of the world. What's wrong with that?!
Now back to indulging in my reality tv...multi billion dollar industry! Hell yeahhhhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment