If you have a problem with someone, and this someone is someone who plays a significant role in your life and the problem that they cause also has a daily effect in your life, then yes... COMMUNICATE the issues... because how else would they know that there's a problem?
However when it comes to overall annoyances with people, confronting your frustration with the girl in front of you in lecture who keeps clicking her pencil and rocking back and forth... it's not really gonna accomplish much except for 1) make her feel worse and 2) make you a bitch.
Because honestly, you have no idea what that person is going through and why they do the things they do. Maybe she's super nervous because someone close to her is terminally ill and is waiting for the results that determine...well Everything. You can honestly never know...
Because honestly, you have no idea what that person is going through and why they do the things they do. Maybe she's super nervous because someone close to her is terminally ill and is waiting for the results that determine...well Everything. You can honestly never know...
With that being said I've constructed some goals for myself when it comes to communicating issues with those around me:
-Consider who the things I say may affect and potentially hurt before I say them.
-Think first and ask myself if I actually mean what I say or if I'm just venting in frustration.
-Stop generalizing groups of people, and realize that just because one person or even a group of people fucked up, It's not fair to take it out on the whole group!
- Finally, accept that I feel the way I feel and that I'm human, and stop denying my emotions or trying to validate them.
Perhaps, you should consider these as well...
Perhaps, you should consider these as well...
P.S. I'm. so. hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment