
I've always kind of felt that your past, you know like where you came from and your family background, has a lot to do with who you are... i mean even if one's not raised by their biological parents, there's gotta be more than just physical features that are passed on. It's the classic nature vs. nurture argument of psychology that always ends in a torn balance. It's both they say. But just how much of this nature thing shall apply?
It's great to think that there are some qualities that people are just born with.. not learned but always there. I guess it helps me to have more of a positive view towards my bilog-rents. I mean even the worst person has some positive aspects, right? It's just some days it's easier to see them than others.
Today was one of those easy days: having a deep, real conversation with my mom..something that doesn't happen often I realized how much we really do have in common, as scary as that may seem.. My love for art and music is definitely something that I share with her, as well as my all too childish heart and obsession with Brangelina. So even though there is so much about her that I will never truly understand, there's always those things that I can.. so why not dwell on those and cherish the time that I do have with her...the her that allows me to see just how beautiful she truly is and appreciate the life she gave me.
In other news I learned a lot about my dad, as well. Apparently he was a circus star for a good amount of his adolescence. I now have an entirely different vision of our first meeting... can you say flying trapeze lessons? YES.
TRAPEZE! YES!
ReplyDelete